Friday 30 August 2013

Back in UK!

Assalamualaikum and Hi,

The title might only be applicable to the seniors. Hahaha. To the new members of BruALs, WELCOME TO UNITED KINGDOM!!! :D Alhamdulillah, 11 new Bruneian students have just arrived in UK and I can see that they are very, very excited! New environment, new people. Might be challenging at first but soon they will all become adventures that will never be forgotten.

Looking at the juniors reminds me of the very first day I arrived in UK. Buying the Oyster Card, a new SIM card, taking photos everywhere we go and getting all excited over my new experience on the Double Decker bus and the tube. Gahhhhhhh. It was soooooo fun. To the juniors, there are more to come, okay. You're gonna face a whole lot of new experience here, be it in London or at your school.



Today, we brought the new-comers to explore Bayswater. Hahaha. Bayswater was also the destination of my very first tube ride. Deja-vu eh. 




Few things to be aware of while in London (not only London, anywhere):

1. Barang, beg jaga bisai-bisai. London is very busy. You never know what would happen to you. So it's best to keep an eye on your valuables.

2. While exploring London, you might come across beggars asking money from you. You should be alert at all times. You never know this might be a tactic for pickpockets, not to be imaginative. It really does happen. Of course, kesian pulang meliat. But again, you never know Don't let it cause you to be off guard. 

3. Living in London can be very expensive. At first, you might have this habit of converting Pounds to Brunei Dollars. I understand~ I did it too. But you have to take into account the standard of living here as well. It is high so prices of certain things tend to be more expensive. So you should just ignore this habit and do not hesitate in spending on your necessities. But at the same time, jangan membazir jua. ;)  

That's it for now, as far as I can recall. 

I am soooooo looking forward to spending my time with fellow BruALs members in the times coming. I am also gonna miss the BruALs 2012/13 seniors. We will try our best to follow your steps and bring down the BruALs traditions to the juniors. Hahaha. 

I hope the new BruALs members are having a good time in UK and I wish you all the very best of luck. BE OUT THERE AND EXPLORE UK! (especially London if you're still there) ^.^

Best wishes,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment